[gmx-users] FFTW with AVX

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:03:07 CET 2016

Hi,

No,
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/5.1.1/install-guide/index.html#using-fftw
is
consistent - use both --enable-sse2 and --enable-avx. Earlier documentation
was incomplete - the important thing is that even if the hardware is AVX,
with up to and including FFTW 3.3.4, performance is best if FFTW is
configured with both SSE and AVX support (and the latter tends to be only
of minor importance).

Mark