[gmx-users] draw histogram

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 5 13:34:30 CET 2016

On 1/5/16 1:01 AM, Sana Saeed wrote:
> hi gmx usersi am trying to plot histogram.xvg , but the graph isn't making any sense, or may be i dont understand it.in the gromacs tutorial from bevanlab (free energy calculations:methane) it says that we need to separate the data. how?

You'll need to write a script to separate the relevant histograms.  The
histogram.xvg file unfortunately contains distributions of different data, so
it's largely unintelligible unless separated properly.  I have a script laying
around somewhere if you need it, just contact me off-list if you can't figure
out your own solution (but it is a good programming exercise).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore