[gmx-users] umbrella sampling error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 5 13:40:32 CET 2016

On 1/5/16 5:36 AM, Nikhil Maroli wrote:
> Dear all,
> im running umbrella sampling when invoke the following command i got the
> follwoing warnings and grompp terminated becasue of so much warning
> ,initially i neutralised the My protein-Ligand system with NACl,so how come
> there will be a charge?  (NOTE 5)what i can do for that?  can i use maxwarn
> option as im running equilibration?

Well, simply put, you did something wrong because you still have a net charge of
-12 (ignore the floating-point difference here, it's actually -12).

Don't use -maxwarn to simply overcome something inconvenient, though in this
case its use has no bearing on any notes and only affects the warning, which you
should heed; your selected method is not necessarily stable under the conditions
specified.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy