[gmx-users] How to adjust the box size to correct density?

Chang Woon Jang changwoonjang at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 19:42:47 CET 2016

Dear Abhishek Khetan,

  Thank you for your answer. It means that Gromacs does not automatically
adjust the box size even though NPT ensemble is employed. Am I right?

Different from Gromacs, Lammps automatically adjust box size when NPT
ensemble is applied during the simulation. Therefore, the density is able
to be fitted with initial conditions (pressure, temperature, simulation
time).

When I used the "gmx editconf" to resize the box to correct a density, vmd
shows a very ugly configurations. I think that topology file will check the
bond informations no matter how the gro file, containing only atom
coordinates and box size, looks like.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

Thank you.

Best regards,