[gmx-users] Regarding value of Elj, Eqq, Clj and Cqq values using LIE Approach

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 7 14:29:40 CET 2016

On 1/7/16 5:54 AM, shagun krishna wrote:
> [...]
> md_SOL_rerun.mdp -c equil.gro -o md_sol_rerun.tpr
>                           :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:
>
>                    Gromacs Runs On Most of All Computer Systems
>
>                              :-)  VERSION 4.6.5  (-:
>
>          Contributions from Mark Abraham, Emile Apol, Rossen Apostolov,
>             Herman J.C. Berendsen, Aldert van Buuren, Pär Bjelkmar,
>       Rudi van Drunen, Anton Feenstra, Gerrit Groenhof, Christoph Junghans,
>          Peter Kasson, Carsten Kutzner, Per Larsson, Pieter Meulenhoff,
>             Teemu Murtola, Szilard Pall, Sander Pronk, Roland Schulz,
>                  Michael Shirts, Alfons Sijbers, Peter Tieleman,
>
>                 Berk Hess, David van der Spoel, and Erik Lindahl.
>
>         Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
>           Copyright (c) 2001-2012,2013, The GROMACS development team at
>          Uppsala University & The Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.
>              check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.
>
>           This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
>         modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License
>          as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1
>               of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
>
>                                  :-)  grompp  (-:
>
> Option     Filename  Type         Description
>    -f md_SOL_rerun.mdp  Input        grompp input file with MD parameters
>   -po      mdout.mdp  Output       grompp input file with MD parameters
>    -c      equil.gro  Input        Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr etc.
>    -r       conf.gro  Input, Opt.  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr etc.
>   -rb       conf.gro  Input, Opt.  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr etc.
>    -n      index.ndx  Input, Opt.  Index file
>    -p      topol.top  Input        Topology file
>   -pp  processed.top  Output, Opt. Topology file
>    -o md_sol_rerun.tpr  Output       Run input file: tpr tpb tpa
>    -t       traj.trr  Input, Opt.  Full precision trajectory: trr trj cpt
>    -e       ener.edr  Input, Opt.  Energy file
> -ref     rotref.trr  In/Out, Opt. Full precision trajectory: trr trj cpt
>
> Option       Type   Value   Description
> -[no]h       bool   no      Print help info and quit
> -[no]version bool   no      Print version info and quit
> -nice        int    0       Set the nicelevel
> -[no]v       bool   no      Be loud and noisy
> -time        real   -1      Take frame at or first after this time.
> -[no]rmvsbds bool   yes     Remove constant bonded interactions with virtual
>                              sites
> -maxwarn     int    0       Number of allowed warnings during input
>                              processing. Not for normal use and may generate
>                              unstable systems
> -[no]zero    bool   no      Set parameters for bonded interactions without
>                              defaults to zero instead of generating an error
> -[no]renum   bool   yes     Renumber atomtypes and minimize number of
>                              atomtypes
>
> Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'title'
>
> Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.9#
>
> WARNING 1 [file md_SOL_rerun.mdp, line 58]:
>    Unknown left-hand '*coulombtype' in parameter file

Well, *coulombtype is not a keyword, but coulombtype is.  Looks like you've
copied and pasted someone's attempt to emphasize a few lines.

Note that the settings below are for GROMOS96, and generally the point of
re-running without PME is to somehow still capture long-range electrostatics so
longer cutoffs are normally employed.  So I don't think these settings are
appropriate for what you're trying to do.

> NOTE 1 [file md_SOL_rerun.mdp]:
>    nstcomm < nstcalcenergy defeats the purpose of nstcalcenergy, setting
>    nstcomm to nstcalcenergy
>

> WARNING 2 [file md_SOL_rerun.mdp]:
>    You are generating velocities so I am assuming you are equilibrating a
>    system. You are using Parrinello-Rahman pressure coupling, but this can
>    be unstable for equilibration. If your system crashes, try equilibrating
>    first with Berendsen pressure coupling. If you are not equilibrating the
>    system, you can probably ignore this warning.

Harmless for the purposes of a re-run calculation.

-Justin