[gmx-users] Connections

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 7 15:40:50 CET 2016

On 1/7/16 9:14 AM, Chiara Bello wrote:
> Hi gromacs users,
>
> I'm trying to simulate a system in which in addition to other molecules there will be a polymer consisting of PMVE/MA linked to PEG chains, this polimer has about 11000 atoms.
>
> I have the itp topology files of the PEG and PMVE/MA monomers and the pdb file of the whole polimer.
>
> Since I am not an expert in the use of gromacs I would avoid changing the files of the force field. So I thought to include these itp file in the top topology file of the system (using the include file mechanism) and add the polymer to the system using insert-molecules.
>
> Is there a way to communicate to gromacs the connections between the monomers of the polymer?

Individual .itp files of monomers will not work, because you need bonds between
them.

See here for the most straightforward method:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Polymers

If you have reliable parameters in the .itp files, this is a simple matter of
transferring that information into .rtp format.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore