[gmx-users] Error while running mdrun with rerun option for LIE calculation

shagun krishna krishna.shagun123 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:35:08 CET 2016

Dear Justin,

Thanks a lot. I have successfully completed mdrun with -rerun option. I
have ran the mdrun command on the original mdrun.xtc using new .mdp
settings without PME, and the result was stored in new .edr file. This new
.edr file was then subjected to g_energy to obtain the values of LJ-17 and
Coulomb-14. Hope we have to calculate this only not the LJ-(SR) or
Coulomb-(SR) ?

>>>  mdrun -s md_sol_rerun_LLP.tpr (ORIGINAL tpr obtained from Ligand
Simulation in water) -rerun md2_LLP.xtc ( ORIGINAL ,xtc obtained from
Ligand Simulation in water) -x after_rerun_trial4.xtc (OUTPUT) -e
after_rerun_trial4.edr (OUTPUT)

After that I calculated value of Elj and Eqq from g_energy module by
passing these output to g_energy:

I got Elj= 271.04 and Eqq=-149.214. Then these values were passed to g_lie
module to get the Delta G for unbound ligand.

-149.214 -ligand M_R -o lie_ligand.xvg

I am taking last 3000ps of my simulation for calculating energy. Is it good
or should I calculate it from 0 to 10000ps.

After passing these values to g_lie I am getting DGbind = -8.956 (214.311).
In g_lie module we will give the original .edr file or that we have
obtained after rerun. However, I have used the .edr obtained with rerun
option. The values of Clj and Cqq were taken as default (0.181 and 0.5
respectively). I want to know that do we also need to calculate the values
of Clj and Cqq ???
Thanks once again in advance.... :)

Best regards,

Shagun