[gmx-users] re-weight Metadynamics trajectory from Plumed to make it canonical ensemble

luigi luigi.capoferri at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:51:28 CET 2016

Hi Christian,

It is not so clear why do you want to have a "reweighted trajectory", in
which you will likely lose all the maxima explored. However, if you want
to extract the frames, e.g. related to a MEP, for, e.g. a nice movie,
you could efficiently
1. evaluate the CVs values to extract analyzing the FES (and in case
chose the number of frames for each value proportionally to the free
energy of the system at those specific CVs),
2. select the frames based on the COLVAR files created by plumed and
eventually
3 extract those frames from the TRR trajectory files.

If you work in python I would suggest you to take a look at MDtraj
library for extracting the frames.

Cheers,
Luigi