[gmx-users] Regarding Umbrella Sampling Analysis Step

Misa Banno banno.m.aa at m.titech.ac.jp
Wed Jan 13 15:58:23 CET 2016

Dear Gromacs users,

I've run the umbrella sampling. I could draw histograms with sufficient
overlap, so I determined all of the simulations reached enough length of
time. Now it's the analysis step.

When I chose tpr files and pullf.xvg (forces) files as the input to
wham, I was able to analyze and draw PMF curve previously.

However, I chose tpr files and pullx.xvg (coordinates) files, I couldn't.
The command line is below.

>gmx wham -it tpr-files.dat -ix pullx-files.dat  -o -hist -unit kCal -b 50000 -e 200000

I got the profile.xvg but all PMF values are zero in that file.

While running gmx wham, I was getting warnings like below.
Warning, poor sampling bin 199 (z=-1.00185). Check your histograms!

I did simulation by using following COM pulling options:
; COM PULLING
pull                     = umbrella
pull_geometry            = cylinder
pull_dim                 = N N Y