[gmx-users] Why GROMACS is generating so many output trajectory files?

Elton Carvalho eltonfc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:51:51 CET 2016

Hello, Swapnil,

This usually means you have a problem with your topology and your
system may be in the verge of blowing up. If the simulation stops in
the middle, your system blew up.

Please read http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up

Regards form an unusually cloudy Natal.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Swapnil Wagle
<Swapnil.Wagle at mpikg.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hi..!
>
> I am having a system with 450 Protein atoms and ~9000 water atoms. When I am trying to do the energy minimization step, it gives me hundreds of trajectory files (all .pdb with names like Step**_**.pdb). I am using gromos 53a6 force field with TIP4P water model. The error message also says something like (one atom moved too far during the domain decomposition steps) which is not quite visible when I load the initial structure in VMD. The simulation completes sometimes but sometimes it also stops in the middle. Can you suggest me what can possibly be wrong, or any suggestion about how to remove this error?
>
> Regards,
> Swapnil Wagle
> Department of Theory and Bio Systems
> Max Planck Institute for Colloids and Interfaces
> Potsdam-Golm, Germany D-14424
> Tel.: +49-331 567-9607
> Mail: Swapnil.Wagle at mpikg.mpg.de<mailto:Swapnil.Wagle at mpikg.mpg.de>

Elton Carvalho