[gmx-users] Help for gmx enemat

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 14 18:26:25 CET 2016

On 1/14/16 12:18 PM, valerio di giulio wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> I need the LJ potential just between the two DNAs, instead gmx energy
> calculates the total LJ energy. Is it right?

gmx energy does what you tell it.  You specified DNA1 and DNA2 as energygrps,
therefore all short-range nonbonded interaction energies are decomposed.  This
is actually no different than what you were trying to do with gmx enemat, except
that enemat is a more roundabout way to obtain what you want.  The information
you need is in the .edr file; gmx energy is the first port of call for
extracting anything related to energy.

-Justin

> Valerio
>
> Il giovedì 14 gennaio 2016, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu