[gmx-users] Problem with DHT residue not found.

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jan 23 15:01:11 CET 2016

On 1/23/16 3:36 AM, Domenico Schitti wrote:
> Hi Tsjerk,
> thank's for you help!
> I followed your instructions (really helpful), then I performed a solvation. When I tried to use "grompp" I got this error:
>
> "number of coordinates in coordinate file (speptideh.gro, 32884)
> does not match topology (speptide.top, 2602)"
>
> I tried to change the x number in the .top file, under [molecules], just at the end of it:
>
> [ molecules ]
> ; Compound        #mols
> Protein_chain_A     1
> DHT                        x
>
> ..But cant fix it.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors#Number_of_coordinates_in_coordinate_file_does_not_match_topology

It's simple to fix.  How many of each species do you have?  That's the number
that goes in [molecules].  Do you have anything else in the system beyond a
protein and solvating DHT?  If so, those are missing.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629