[gmx-users] Temperature Annealing

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jan 25 22:42:59 CET 2016

On 1/25/16 4:33 PM, abdus sabuj wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> I have used these following commands in npt and final .tpr production.
>
> grompp -f npt.mdp -p topol.top -c nvt.gro -o npt.tpr
>

> grompp -f final.mdp -p topol.top -c npt.gro -o final.tpr

...which explains everything.  You're not preserving the state of the previous
equilibration (NPT).  So your initial condition is nonsense, coupled with the
fact that Nose-Hoover allows for large fluctuations, suggests that your "final"
run is simply not reasonable.  Pass the npt.cpt to grompp -t when generating the
annealing input.  The fact that the initial temperature was not what you
expected should have been a red flag that something was wrong.

-Justin