[gmx-users] how to modify the code to generate more controllable checkpoints to restart?

VITALY V. CHABAN vvchaban at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:52:32 CET 2016

The phase space state is defined by momenta and coordinates of all objects
in a dynamical system.

Regarding what people call exact continuation, you are welcome to compare
both solutions using small runs. I doubt that the difference in any
property of interest will be observable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_space
In mathematics <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics> and physics
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics>, a *phase space* of a dynamical
system <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamical_system> is a space
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_%28mathematics%29> in which all
possible states of a system <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System> are
represented, with each possible state corresponding to one unique point in
the phase space. For mechanical systems
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_mechanics>, the phase space
usually consists of all possible values of position
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Position_%28vector%29> and momentum
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum> variables.