[gmx-users] Water tutorial

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 28 16:00:41 CET 2016

On 1/28/16 9:57 AM, Arpita Srivastava wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am a new user of GROMACS software.I need a tutorial to understand the
> working of software. Please send me a tutorial of putting water molecules
> in a box and simulating the system.

Start with the existing tutorials.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Tutorials#General_GROMACS_Use

Building a water box becomes trivial once you understand the general commands
and topology organization.  In fact, a topology for water can be written by hand
in a text editor in probably 10 lines (see Chapter 5 of the manual).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore