[gmx-users] metal-surfactant ligand topology

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 28 23:03:12 CET 2016

On 1/28/16 3:27 PM, Parthiban Marimuthu wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone suggest how to prepare topology files for
> metal(Cobalt)-surfactant ligand complex
> I tried the classical tools, prodrg, antechamber and ATB, but cant fix it.

Because no force field supports something weird like cobalt by default.

There are supposedly AMBER parameters for cobalt hexamine
(http://sites.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber) but I have no idea how good
they are.

In general: http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization

Sometimes you have to do the hard work yourself.  I think it unlikely that any
additive force field will describe cobalt properly.  Even polarizable models may
be difficult to derive, as is often the case with multiply charged ions.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore