[gmx-users] free energy calculations

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jan 29 13:33:33 CET 2016

On 1/29/16 7:27 AM, Marta Wisniewska wrote:
> Dear Gromac's users,
>
> I'd like to perform a FEP calculations. I've done yours tutorial and now
> follow by it, i'd like to perform my calculations for small molecule in
> water. I got a problem:
> Fatal error:
> No such moleculetype SOL
>
> I don't know what it means in these cases, because both files are similar
> to each other (yours and mine).

The error means you haven't defined the water topology, or for whatever reason
your water has a different [moleculetype] name.

Please note there are several GROMACS free energy tutorials online; if you're
trying to compare with one of those, please state which one you're using.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore