[gmx-users] Heat capacity (C_{v}) for a solid

Alexander Alexander alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 19:54:55 CET 2016

Thank you so much for your response.

Concerning to the "-nmol"; this is also what I though that number of B is
the -nmol as whe have A3B , but do not you think that the number of
molecules depends strongly on how molecules or residuals are defined in the
topology file in [ moleculetype ] section? That is why I brought part of my
topology file above. If I had something like
------------------------------
[ moleculetype ]
; Name            nrexcl
   A3B                       1

molecules ]
;mol_name number
    A3B     43904
then you are right and the -nmol was (#A3B/4), but ... .

I am still wondering if the the Cv here is molar one as unit of it is
"J/mol K"?

Also, no comment please about strange behavior of the Cv-T?

Best regards,

Alex