[gmx-users] add new residue and new atom

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jan 30 21:40:59 CET 2016

On 1/30/16 11:36 AM, Malihe Hasanzadeh wrote:
> Dear Justin,
> I did step by step to add new residue and new atom again and finally was
> done. But still there is last problem, as I said before, my ligand has a F
> ion that bonded to Ni ion in active site (distance 2.6 A), after N.V.T
> ligand is moving away and distance between F and Ni is 5 A. What causes the
> ligand away from the active site? How can keep the ligand in bonded to Ni
> in active site? Is there problem from .mdp or ...?

Having not seen your ligand topology or .mdp settings, it's complete guesswork.
  I assume when you say "ligand" you mean some small molecule containing F, not
an actual F- ion?  Ni is unlikely to be correctly described by any MM force
field, and halogens are also difficult in their own right.  Any time the
physical model does not reproduce real physical behavior, the model is probably
inaccurate.  This is the most likely case.

-Justin