[gmx-users] grompp protein-ligand complex simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Mar 1 19:21:18 CET 2016

On 3/1/16 5:06 AM, Adamu, Aliyu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to run protein-ligand complex MD in Gromacs 4.6.7. Using opls-aa
> forcefield. I parameterised my ligand using topolbuild. I managed to defined
> the unit cell and added solvent successfully. But when trying to  run grompp
> command for addition of ion, I received fatal error: " atomtype Zn2+ not
> found". I am a kind of confused because my ligand has no any Zn2+ atom. My
> ligand constitutes of only H, O, C, and Cl atoms.

Well, there's no mention of Zn2+ anywhere in the distributed OPLS-AA files, so
you must have altered something somewhere.  Does your protein have Zn2+ bound?
Did you alter any other files?  There's ZN2+ in GROMOS and Zn in AMBER, but
nothing called Zn2+.  Be sure you're not mixing and matching force fields...

> Again, when I included call directive: #include "ff2cp.itp" generated by the
> topolbuild in the ligand topology file (ligand .itp), the error massage
> changed to: Invalid order for directive atomtypes.

Your #include statement is in the wrong place in the topology.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors?highlight=errors#Invalid_order_for_directive_xxx

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629