[gmx-users] Dividing an MD run

Guillem Prats Ejarque Guillem.Prats.Ejarque at uab.cat
Fri Mar 4 17:19:54 CET 2016

Actually, I'm using GROMACS 4.5.5, so, it is ok for me. I generated the new tpr file with 20 ns

tpbconv -s md_8ns.tpr -until 20000 -o md_12ns.tpr

and I ran it since the last md checkpoint:

mdrun -nt 8 -s md_12ns.tpr -cpi md_8ns.cpt -v

But, it runs 20 ns from 0, not 12 ns from 8, as it should do. What am I doing wrong?

On 3/4/16 8:32 AM, Jo?o Henriques wrote:
> tpbconv is the answer for an extension. Choose between -extend or -until,
> it's up to you. I like -until, because I'm too lazy to do subtractions :)
>
> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations

Correct, though that page is a bit out of date, as tpbconv has been renamed
convert-tpr.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore
20 Penn St.
Baltimore, MD 21201

End of gromacs.org_gmx-users Digest, Vol 143, Issue 23