[gmx-users] Dividing an MD run

badamkhatan togoldor bdmkhtn at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 18:06:25 CET 2016

Hi, I had almost same issue with this. I am extending my simulation by 20 ns.
gmx convert-tpr -s ../Production_MD/md0.tpr -f ../Production_MD/md0.cpt -e ../Production_MD1/md0.edr -extend 20000 -o md0.tpr gmx mdrun -nt 2 -deffnm md0 -cpi ../Production_MD/md0.cpt
Then gromacs says (v5.1.1)
NOTE: Reading the state from trajectory is an obsolete feature of gmx convert-tpr.      Continuation should be done by loading a checkpoint file with mdrun -cpi      This guarantees that all state variables are transferred.      gmx convert-tpr is now only useful for increasing nsteps,      but even that can often be avoided by using mdrun -maxh
NOTE: The simulation uses pressure coupling and/or stochastic dynamics.gmx convert-tpr can not provide binary identical continuation.If you want that, supply a checkpoint file to mdrun
However i supplied that .cpt file in mdrun, why is it mentioning the NOTE!   Or is fine? just ignore this Note!
Is there any other way to extend my simulation? for example like following command
gmx mdrun -nt 2 -deffnm md0 -cpi md0.cpt -nsteps -2
Which one is correct? Tnx
Hatnaa