[gmx-users] Pressure of an energy minimized system

Rakesh Sharan rs11chembhu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:10:41 CET 2016

Thanks very much Mark! A good use of this quantity (pressure of energy
minimized structures) is to understand the thermodynamic behavior of
"inherent structures" (energy minimized structures). These inherent
structures provide valuable information about the underlying potential
energy landscape of a system and are becoming increasing popular in both
biological (e. g. see http://www.pnas.org/content/103/14/5279.full ) and
materials (e.g. see
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v393/n6685/full/393554a0.html)
sciences. I would highly recommend to keep this feature and make sure that
it correctly computes the virial pressure.

Best,
Rakesh

Rakesh S. Singh, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate,
Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering,
Princeton University,
Princeton, NJ 08544