[gmx-users] Neutralizing

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Mar 9 16:08:55 CET 2016

On 3/9/16 1:42 AM, mohammad r wrote:
> Thank you Parham and Justin, Excuse me I have another question, in simulation
> of a water-peptide system, is it necessary to use QM/MM simulation during the
> entire process? Because I didn't see it in the tutorials. By the way I
> generated the pdb file by using charmm-gui then import it in amber to get the
> topology and coordinate files, finally I converted the topology and
> coordinate files to gromacs format and did the rest of simulation by gromacs.
> but I didn't run QM/MM simulation. Does it make trouble in the results?

The technique(s) used depend on the scientific question(s) being posed before
doing the simulations.  If you expect some reactions, etc. to be taking place,
then you need QM/MM.  If you just want to simulate a peptide over time, then
plain MD is fine.  Methodological details like this should be decided long
before one approaches a keyboard :)

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629