[gmx-users] gromacs.org_gmx-users Digest, Vol 143, Issue 89

张正财 zhangzhengc at mail.iggcas.ac.cn
Sun Mar 20 11:34:55 CET 2016

> Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 11:43:01 +0100
> From: Josip Lovri? <josip7lovric at gmail.com>
> To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Potential energy of each atom
>
> Potential energy for one atom is not well defined physical quantity as far
> as I know, you can only calculate potential energy for at least two body
> (atoms). You need to give more details about what you want and I do not
> know what LAMMPS do.

     Thanks anyway,

     The command "pe/atom" in LAMMPS is described with this : "The per-atom energy is calculated by the various pair, bond, etc potentials defined for the simulation. If no extra keywords are listed, then the potential energy is the sum of pair, bond, angle, dihedral, improper, and kspace energy. If any extra keywords are listed, then only those components are summed to compute the potential energy."

     Maybe it is not easy for GROMACS to output pe/atom.

      Zhengcai