[gmx-users] elastic restraints in MARTINI simulation

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:15:43 CET 2016

Hmm, the first one ends the abstract with

"Correct dynamical properties, at least those studied in this paper, are
obtained with the Berendsen thermostat applied globally, despite the fact
that it yields the wrong kinetic energy distribution."

So what does (un)physical mean in this respect, in relation to Berendsen,
Langevin, and other coupling methods? Is giving the wrong dynamical
properties (like Langevin) still physical? Or is a correct distribution of
kinetic energy more physical than failing on dynamical properties?

Cheers,

Tsjerk