[gmx-users] Separate lambdas for repulsive and dispersive free energies?

Nuo Wang wolich22 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 06:07:47 CEST 2016

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your confirmation!

My goal is to use the "accurate" FEP hydration free energy components to
individually assess my continuum model calculated E_vdw_repulsive,
E_vdw_dispersive and E_elec (for our new continuum model package VISM, doi:
10.1002/jcc.23890).

E_vdw_dispersive and E_elec are easy to calculate in theory, but I don't
know how I can efficiently calculate E_vdw_repulsive for a protein using
the current FEP protocols. I am still looking for a method that calculates
E_vdw_repulsive for proteins on a higher resolution than continuum model,
any information on this will be of great help to me!

Thanks!
Nuo