[gmx-users] Using CHARMM36 in GROMACS

Gregory Poon gpoon at gsu.edu
Wed Mar 30 23:18:10 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I am learning how to perform dynamics on double-stranded DNA sequences
using the CHARMM36 FF I downloaded from the MacKerell lab.  I have
consulted the GROMACS documentation page regarding specific settings in
the .mdp file for CHARMM36
(http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Force_Fields/CHARMM),
and adopted those for the energy minimization step.  In these settings,
constraints = h-bonds.  My question is: for the subsequent equilibration
steps, I have read that one should use constraints = all-bonds, but I
have also read that might adversely affect 1-4 interactions.  And what
about DispCorr: should I keep = none or one of the other options -- or
does it matter?

Thank you in advance.  If there is some other resource that gives all
the FF-specific settings, I would love to know about it.

Gregory