[gmx-users] QM calculation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:10:09 CEST 2016

On 3/31/16 12:19 AM, mohammad r wrote:
> Thank you Justin, I want to do QM calculationbefore running equilibration
> then run the MD simulation by GROMACS. Do you knowwhich software is
> appropriate and compatible with GROMACS that after QM calculation I can run
> the rest of simulation?

Again, for a pure QM calculation (geometry optimization, I presume) there is no
interaction with GROMACS or any other software.  You do your optimization,
output the coordinates, and then move on.  If I'm missing some critical detail,
please describe exactly what you want to do.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore