[gmx-users] bond_atomtype

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 2 15:13:01 CEST 2016

On 5/2/16 4:53 AM, Ming Tang wrote:
> Dear list,
>

> I want to add parameters for silicon in oplsaa.ff
>

> In .rtp I added:
>

> [ SI ]
>   [ atoms ]
>      SI   opls_966   4.000     0
>
> In .atp I added:
>

>   opls_966   28.08000  ; Si++++
>

> In ffnonbonded.itp I added:
>

> opls_966   Si4+   14    28.08000     4.000       A    4.43500e-01  3.98000e-01
>

> In ions.itp I added:
>

> [ moleculetype ]
> ; molname   nrexcl
> SI          1
>
> [ atoms ]
> ; id    at type     res nr  residu name at name  cg nr  charge   mass
> 1       opls_966    1       SI          SI       1      4       28.0800
>

> when I run this comman:
>
> grompp -f ions.mdp -c solv.gro -p topol.top -o ions.tpr
> I got this error:
> Unknown bond_atomtype SI
>
> Did I miss something or modify wrongly?

You have "Si4+" in ffnonbonded.itp and yet your bonded parameters probably refer
to "SI."  The second column of ffnonbonded.itp (for OPLS-AA) determines the
equivalent bonded type.  If that bonded type cannot be mapped back to a
nonbonded type (first column of ffnonbonded.itp) you get an error.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore