[gmx-users] force calculation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 9 14:18:58 CEST 2016

On 5/9/16 7:24 AM, mahdiyeh poorsargol wrote:
> Dear gromacs user,
> Does anyone know how to calculate the force exerted on the particle in the
> simulated system from the output files?
> I simulated  a system including two parallel surfactant-covered graphene
> sheets, separated with the inter-sheet distance of 34.0 Å. I want to
> compute the force average which need to hold them at the current location
> or force exerted on a graphene sheet.
> Can anyone suggest a method?

Forces are saved in the .trr and extracted with gmx traj.  If you didn't save
forces (nstfout > 0) then use mdrun -rerun on whatever existing trajectory you
have with a new .tpr specifying the desired output.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore