[gmx-users] GPU/CPU perfomance loss

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:18:20 CEST 2016

Hi Justin,

Your run is simply *very* CPU-bound. Your GPU is so much faster than the
CPU that even after increasing the cut-off to 2 nm to shift PME load away
from the CPU, there is still a lot of GPU idling.

For details, please have a look at on of our recent papers, e.g.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1506.00716

http://arxiv.org/abs/1507.00898

Cheers,

--