[gmx-users] Hydrophobic interaction analysis

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 13 16:53:48 CEST 2016

On 5/13/16 8:23 AM, Nikhil Maroli wrote:
> We can analyse hydrogen bond numbers, what about total hydrogen bond
> energy between two molecules over time like that in case of hydrophobic

There is no such energy term.  A hydrogen bond is largely electrostatic, though,
so short-range Coulombic energies might tell you something.  But if you try to
claim some energy of a specific interaction, it would be unphysical.

-Justin

> interaction,is there any possibility to know the energy involved in the
> process

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629