[gmx-users] error in running mdrun of membrane protein in a mixed bilayer with MARTINI MODEL

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sat May 14 20:34:39 CEST 2016

Hi,

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list, so others can help and
learn.

> Antara said:
> I have pasted the mdrun command i used to run it in parallel with the
number of processors i used which was 16. The command is :

>/app/setups/gromacs-5.1.1/build/bin -deffnm MD -pin on -rdd 1.8

That still isn't a command you've copied and pasted from a terminal or a
script. You needed a call that might include mpirun -np 16 gmx_mpi mdrun,
etc.

> In the pbs script, i used 16 in the number of processors option.

What happens when you run on one rank?

> For the production tpr, i used the gro file from the last equilibration
step(step6.6) The command used was :

> gmx grompp -c step6.6equilibration.gro -p system.top -n new_index.ndx -f
MD.mdp -o MD.tpr

That looks like it could be reasonable, but as with any equilibration you
need to look at observables to judge that it's equilibrated. Their builder
should provide reasonable defaults, but you can't assume they're perfect,
either. In particular, if the last equilibration ensemble doesn't match the
production ensemble, that could be the problem.

Mark