[gmx-users] PCA and FEL

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Sun May 15 08:44:26 CEST 2016

Hi Suniba,

No, you will get the stability of configuration in the order parameters you
choose. But you don't know how much conformational freedom you have at each
point. Low RMSD will mean stable, but a fixed point at high RMSD does not.
Also note that the Rg is sort of part of the RMSD, which can be written as
Rg(A)+Rg(B)-2S(A,B), where S is the similarity. So these order parameters
will be correlated.

Cheers,

Tsjerk