[gmx-users] simulation_time

Ms. Nikita Bora niki24 at tezu.ernet.in
Mon May 16 06:45:39 CEST 2016

Subject: Re: simulation_time
From:    "Ms. Nikita Bora" <niki24 at tezu.ernet.in>
Date:    Mon, May 16, 2016 9:42 am
To:      niki24 at tezu.ernet.in

Respected Sir,

Thanks for the reply. I would further like to know that according to this
tutorial
(http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/complex/07_equil2.html)
the rvdw=rcoulomb=1 is used for the protein while according to this
tutorial
(http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/complex/07_equil2.html)
rvdw=rcoulomb=1.4 is used. why a different value for the simple protein
and protein-ligand complex is used??

> Respected Sir,
>
> Recently i followed your tutorial for simulation of a 50 ns final mdrun
of protein-ligand complex where the value of rvdw=rcoulomb=1.4 was used.
The simulation runned at aorund 10 ns/day . While for the same  complex
when rvdw=rcoulomb=1 is made the run was 10 ns/day.

> Sir i would like to know is there any standard value for rvdw,rcoulomb
and why a longer time is taken for 1.4 value

> D I S C L A I M E R
> This e-mail may contain privileged information and is intended solely
for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error
and destroy it from your system. Though considerable effort has been
made to deliver error free e-mail messages but it can not be guaranteed
to be secure