[gmx-users] How to create a spherocylindrical wall

Jagannath Mondal jmondal.backup at gmail.com
Mon May 16 07:24:33 CEST 2016

Hi
  This dates back to an old query on using restraints to create a
spherocylindricalconfinement.

  a) Based on previous suggestions, we were exploring the options of
flatbottomed potential.
   However, it has three options only: sphere, cylinder and layer. We
wanted to create a combination of cylinder and (hemi)sphere to make a
 hollow spherocylinder. But we do not find how to make the hemisphere using
flatbottomed potential.
  Also, we wanted to have the centers of cylinder and sphere in  different
locations. However, we are not sure within the current gromacs
implementation, how we can have two different centers for flat-bottomed
restraints.

b) In worse case scenario, we were thinking of modifying the source code of
gromacs flat-bottomed restraints to have the option of
spherocylindrical restraints.
In that case, can some one point out the relevant locations of source code
for flat-bottomed potential withing gromacs 5.x installation directory?