[gmx-users] Calculating Distance

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Tue May 17 21:35:48 CEST 2016

In case anybody else finds the gmx distance input as confusing as I did... if you want to get the distance between the center of mass of the peptide and the center of mass of the SDS, you would first create Protein and SDS groups in an index file (say they are groups 1 and 2), then send that to "gmx distance" and you would type "com of group 1 plus com of group 2" interactively or script the piping of this text into "gmx distance"