[gmx-users] OPLS problem

Steve Seibold stevesei at ymail.com
Fri May 20 17:38:53 CEST 2016

HelloI have gromacs 4.5.4 on one of my machines and have utilizedit many times successfully. However, when I switched force fields to OPLS Istarted getting an error that states “number of coordinates in coordinate filedoes not match topology file”. I do not get this error with any other forcefield using the same protein and the same gromacs line commands. I did look on line and in the gromacs errordocumentation and went to my print outs and file.gro file and compared them to thesystem.top files. The number of water and protein residue atoms are the same inthe gro file AND the system.top file exactly. But still I get the above error which reads: “number of coordinatesin coordinate file (99613) does not match topology file (130726)”. As I saidthe 99613 is the correct amount of atoms (SOL and Protein) in both gro andsystem.top file. In fact the number 130726 is not found any where in the screenprint outs or the gro files or system.top files… I also made sure that I was not getting a “cpp” error…. Does anyone know what the problem is here???  Steve