[gmx-users] OPLS problem

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Fri May 20 19:53:02 CEST 2016

If you want to switch to tip4p but not regenerate your water molecules, then use pdb2gmx to add the dummy MW atom.

It might work with your whole system (I presume  you had to do this anyway, so just use the conf.gro or whatever structure you got from the -o option to pdb2gmx). If that doesnt work for some reason, then do it separately for the water (As below) and then rejoin the new water with your other molecules:

echo "SOL" | gmx trjconv -f start.gro -s start.gro -o water.gro
gmx pdb2gmx -f water.gro -o newwater.gro