[gmx-users] small molecule aggregation analysis

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 24 18:35:06 CEST 2016

On 5/24/16 12:19 PM, Surahit Chewle wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have simulated a system of 10 synthetic drug molecules (each 20 atoms) in
> small organic solvent, methanol on Gromacs 4.6.5
>
> as far as I have read, there are many tools available for protein
> aggregation, but if you can suggest a tool of choice for small molecule
> aggregation, for ex, radial distribution function that will be helpful.
>
> Fairly new to Gromacs and this is my first post, so kindly be gentle if I
> have made a mistake posting this message.

I don't think there's necessarily any tool that is predisposed to being intended
for protein aggregation; most of the analyses applied in those cases are rather
generic - contacts, distance matrices, buried SASA, possibly RDF, etc.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore