[gmx-users] Invalid selection near '&' syntax error -- easy way to avoid?

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Tue May 24 19:22:07 CEST 2016

Dear Teemu:

Thank you for the help. After a but of fiddling your suggestion did lead to the solution:

echo -e "\"group_&_1\"\n\"group_&_2\" | gmx ...

Is this really what you had in mind? If so, I think I'll still submit a feature request since I doubt we can expect all users to come up with that on their own. Also, interactive selection is not available with all tools (see e.g. gmx traj).

Thank you,
Chris.