[gmx-users] mdrun terminated with errors with gromacs 5.1 in parallel

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:04:45 CEST 2016

Hi,

The command

/app/setups/gromacs-5.1.1/build/bin/gmx mdrun mpi

isn't what you used to start the simulation - it couldn't work. Please copy
and paste actual things, and do also check out the advice in the install
guide about how to get access to installed versions of GROMACS by source
GMXRC.

Investigate that checkpoint file, e.g. ls -l. If you ran the first
simulation as root and now with your normal user, then things will not be
allowed... (don't use root for anything except make install).

For the second part, make sure your MPI system is working, e.g. by running
some other MPI test program. If there's a GROMACS problem, then you'll have
to look elsewhere in the output files to understand where it starts.

Mark