[gmx-users] restraints between two different molecules

Rebeca García Fandiño regafan at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 12:52:04 CEST 2016

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, Mark.
I have had a look at the documentation and I still  have several doubts. I want to introduce distance restraints between an Ni2+ atom and two different ligands (so 3 molecules are implied).

1) I have understood that in the topology file I should include this section:

[ intermolecular-interactions ]
[ distance_restraints ]
;   i     j type label      funct         lo        up1        up2     weight

It is not clear to me what  lo, up1, up2 mean. In the GROMACS
manual it is said that they hold the values of r0, r1 and r2 from eqn.
4.83. If my restraint distance is 0.2 nm...which are the values of lo,
up1 and up2 I should consider?

2) I have read that I should also include some options in the .mdp file. disre = simple would it be enough? Or more options are needed?

Thanks a lot for your help again.

Best wishes,

Rebeca.