[gmx-users] amidated C-terminal residue of peptide

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat May 28 13:39:20 CEST 2016

Please don't reply to the entire digest.

On 5/28/16 2:09 AM, kamakshi sikka wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>

> Charmm GUI created the topology file for the membrane only..I am asking for
> C-terminal amidated peptide topology file. pdb2gmx command does not give
> topology file here because of C-terminal amide residue which is missing in
> the residue database. Please help.

CHARMM-GUI can build the entire membrane-protein complex, you just need to carry
out a few more steps.

Otherwise, the patching is simple.  Choose the CT2 C-terminus type if using our
CHARMM36 port.  That builds a C-terminal amide.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore