[gmx-users] Grompp error

Anurag Dobhal anurag.dobhal at nano-medicine.co.in
Mon May 30 16:55:41 CEST 2016

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have set tc-groups as

tc-grps = Other   acetone ; two coupling groups - more accurate
tau_t = 0.1  0.1           ; time constant, in ps
ref_t = 300  300           ; reference temperature, one for each

*Anurag Dobhal*
*Graduate Student (Bioprocess Technology)*
*Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai*
*Contact: +91 8898486877*

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 5/30/16 10:40 AM, Anurag Dobhal wrote:
>
>> Dear Gromacs users
>>
>> I am solvating my molecule ( a ploymer chain, having 78 atoms) in
>> Propan-2-one
>> [ molecules] = acetone. I have already updated  [ molecules ] section in
>> the topology file (topol.top) after the solvation step.
>>
>> after the sucessful energy minimization step, while runing grompp I am
>> geting an error,
>>
>> " Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'Other'
>> turning all bonds into constraints...
>> Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'acetone'
>> turning all bonds into constraints...
>> Setting gen_seed to 3080450167
>> Velocities were taken from a Maxwell distribution at 300 K
>> Removing all charge groups because cutoff-scheme=Verlet
>>
>> Fatal error:
>> Atom 79 in multiple T-Coupling groups (1 and 2) "
>>
>> The error means that T-coupling is treating both the polymer (other) and
>> solvent (acetone) as other molecules.
>> How can I rectify the error ?
>>

> You haven't shown us what you've set as tc-grps but there is clearly
> redundancy between whatever those groups are.  If you have multiple groups,
> you need to ensure that they are defined correctly, using index groups as
> needed.
>
> -Justin

> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
>
> Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
> School of Pharmacy
> Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
> University of Maryland, Baltimore
> 20 Penn St.
> Baltimore, MD 21201

> * Please search the archive at
> posting!

> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

*DISCLAIMER:*

*This communication is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and / or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use is prohibited. If you
have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this
material from your computer. Any comments or statements made herein do not
necessarily reflect those of Nanomedicine Research Group.  Before opening
the email or accessing any attachments, please check and scan for virus.*