[gmx-users] Density of States syntax question

Chapman, Christopher W. chapmancw at ornl.gov
Tue May 31 22:10:48 CEST 2016

Hi,

Per your suggestion, I uninstalled Gromacs v5.1.2, and installed Gromacs v5.0.1, and re-ran the tutorial (changing from TIP4PEW to TIP4P for simplicity). The tutorial ran fine, but when I tried calculating the dos, I get the following error message:

Program gmx, VERSION 5.0.1
Source code file: /home/chaps/Work/gromacs/gromacs-5.0.1/src/gromacs/fft/fft_fftw3.cpp, line: 309

Fatal error:
Error initializing FFTW3 plan.

I didn't notice any errors regarding fftw3 when I was installing this version of Gromacs (I followed the 'quick and dirty installation' from http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions_5.0). I didn't think I needed any pre-requisite libraries, as I thought gromacs would install any necessary fftw libraries. Is this assumption wrong, or is there something else wrong here?

Thanks,

Chris