[gmx-users] Questions about free energy calculation tutorial

gozde ergin gozdeeergin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 14:02:09 CET 2016

>>This is a generic simulation failure message, indicating that your system is blowing up.  This could be due to any number of reasons, but without more details it's pointless to guess.

If I do not include the Na ion in decoupling I do not have this warning.
If I do not decouple Na ion still I need to make the charge of this molecule zero otherwise system charge becomes +1.

>>Decoupling the Na+ ion will mean your resulting dG value includes the hydration free energy of Na+, which it doesn't sound like you're interested in.

My purpose is doing the same thing with SDS that you did with Methane. And as SDS has Na ion I thought I need also to decouple it.
Do you think I do not need to decouple the Na ion but only dodecyl sulfate?
Last question even if I do not decouple the Na ion I need to make it charge zero, right?

Thanks in advance.