[gmx-users] Questions about free energy calculation tutorial

Alex alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:52:05 CET 2016

Hi,
Concerning to the Na+ charge, if we were interested in the relative binding
free energy in a system (\Delta\Delta G), I mean the difference between two
Free energy in the Ligand and Complex situations, then could you please
confirm me that you can make uncharged the the Na+ along with your ligand
in a single couple-moltype under perturbation, if and only if you do it in
both ligand and complex free energy calculations, because the effect of Na+
however is being treated could cancel out each other in the thermodynamic
cycle of \Delta\Delta G.

Regards,
Alex