[gmx-users] "C compiler accepts -mavx512f... no" (error compiling)

Jacob Nowatzke jn681 at humboldt.edu
Sun Nov 6 21:11:21 CET 2016

I've installed GROMACS 2016.1 on my laptop and it works splendidly. When I
install on my desktop, however, it does not.
On the desktop I use:
>cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON -DREGRESSIONTEST_DOWNLOAD=ON -DGMX_GPU=ON
-DGMX_USE_OPENCL=ON When I make check, it stops short and gives:

checking whether C compiler accepts -mavx512f... no
configure: error: Need a version of gcc with -mavx512f
make[2]: ***
[src/contrib/fftw/fftwBuild-prefix/src/fftwBuild-stamp/fftwBuild-configure]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/contrib/fftw/CMakeFiles/fftwBuild.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've searched enough to not be able to find this mavx512 business anywhere,
using various keywords. From where might this issue be stemming?

Thank you

Jacob